|Steak and Pepper Un-Kebabs with roasted beets|
|The baked apples look kind of old and wrinkly. Maybe I'll peel them next time. But there will be a next time.|
|Green peppers stuffed with Mexican style ground beef and quinoa.|
|Check out how huge this beet is compared to the average sized apple. Crazy!|
|mmm...Sausage and Spinach Lasagna Rolls|
|Look at the crispy crust and nicely browned cheese on this home made pizza!|
|I call them donut holes, but they are probably Pumpkin mini-muffins. Either way, they are yummy!|
The enchiladas are my own concoction that I have developed over the years, see below for the recipe. Orignally, I used canned enchilada sauce, canned chicken and a whole brick of cream cheese, but I have made an effort to make this much more healthy. The six enchiladas I made are so overstuffed, they will provide two suppers for the four of us.
|These two enchiladas fed me and both of my kids. Very filling!|
|Squash soup and kale waldorf salad|
|Look at the cheesy bacony goodness of these stuffed mushrooms!|
2 chopped cooked chicken breasts or the equivalent (canned works, too)
1/2 brick light cream cheese
1/2 jar salsa (I used corn black bean salsa)
1/2 T. Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle Seasoning
6-8 flour tortillas
1 pkg spanish rice, cooked
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jar salsa or enchilada sauce (I used frozen Salsa Verde and 1/2 a jar of regular salsa)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1. Cook spanish rice according to package directions, stir in black beans and spread in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
2. Mix together the chicken, cream cheese, salsa, seasoning and 1/2 c. shredded cheese.
3. Evenly divide chicken mixture between tortillas, roll up and place seam side down over rice and beans.
4. Top tortillas with salsa or enchilada sauce and the rest of the shredded cheese.
5. Bake, covered with foil, for about 30 minutes in a 400 oven.